June 14, 2007

This Will Either Mean Something To You, Or It Won't

It's a heavy moment, the first time you realize you are older than Han Solo.

Comments

Well what a conundrum, are ... (Below threshold)

June 14, 2007 5:23 PM | Posted by THX1138: | Reply

Well what a conundrum, are we to take it that you refer to the celluloid Hans Solo of Star Wars fame, or the Ford himself.

I will assume the former, and I will also assume the galaxy far far away was happening at the same time as the film was shown, so that would make you about 33 odd.

Hans did have his own spaceship (well sort of), had bedded Princess Leia (and by some accounts you may still have a chance there), there is not much else really, well apart from, 'nice shooting kid'.

Much worse to be born looking like a Wookie, then feeling the age of Hans :). And on that note
I think someone is going to claim the Wookie defense, very shortly.

Alone's response: Actually, I was basing it on Harrison Ford's age when Star Wars came out. And I'm not saying I just became older than him, I'm saying I just discovered that I was older than him.

Dear Admin: It gets scarier... (Below threshold)

June 15, 2007 9:54 AM | Posted by Ak: | Reply

Dear Admin: It gets scarier than that.

I told a guy,'You know you're getting older when police officers start looking like little boys.'

The guy said, 'Here's something worse. When you're a patient, the doctor comes into your room, and looks like a kid.'

I have already experienced ... (Below threshold)

June 21, 2007 4:38 PM | Posted by Patricia: | Reply

I have already experienced that moment.....heavy.

It's getting later earlier ... (Below threshold)

June 23, 2007 10:00 PM | Posted by danny boo: | Reply

It's getting later earlier and earlier....

you guys are making me depr... (Below threshold)

July 6, 2007 5:19 PM | Posted by Nelson Cintra: | Reply

you guys are making me depressed

I think the moment came for... (Below threshold)

August 14, 2007 12:18 PM | Posted by Erica: | Reply

I think the moment came for me when I recently saw some Marines in the airport and thought for a few seconds they were middle-schoolers dressed up in camis for a stunt.

I don't know TLP to post ra... (Below threshold)

April 23, 2012 12:13 AM | Posted by Eric: | Reply

I don't know TLP to post random, interesting things only something with a purpose. That said, I wonder if this is what he was getting at;

If we were dazed for a moment by this realization it was to show a Narcissistic tendency to see ourselves forever as a character in set age and type in contrast to who we are now at this point in life. No longer the young, interesting and popular person but an older, weaker and ultimately less than we thought we were.