August 6, 2008

A Little Bird Told Me

1. McCain may drop out of the race-- running mate Romney to continue?

2. Oil prices were pushed higher (Iran/Israel tensions, etc) by a concerted government effort to generate oil revenues for Iraq, promote greater stability so as to allow partial withdrawal of troops before election; and a subsequent reduction of oil prices to erase them as a campaign issue.  Both Iran and Israel were in on the plan.

Tin foil hat stuff, but thought I'd put it out there.

Comments

1. seems plausible as McCai... (Below threshold)

August 6, 2008 6:24 PM | Posted by Daniel: | Reply

1. seems plausible as McCain seems to be making some serious amateurish mistakes and gaffes. It feels like most McCain support is not "I like McCain" but more "He's not Obama."

However the Republicans have seemed pretty dead set on McCain for some reason or another and flipping at the last second wastes a lot of advertising time.

Romney's been out of the public spotlight for a while and his name doesn't come readily to mind as Obama or McCain does at the moment. Starting and square 0 this late in the game may be worse than letting McCain continue his current path of FAIL.

Re: No. 2My tin foil... (Below threshold)

August 6, 2008 10:31 PM | Posted by Anon151: | Reply

Re: No. 2
My tin foil hat has been telling me the same thing.

Also Re #2:I wish ou... (Below threshold)

August 6, 2008 10:55 PM | Posted by Fargo: | Reply

Also Re #2:
I wish our government was organized and competent enough to actually be able to pull off something like that. As it is I think it far more likely that anything resembling that plan is a combination of dumb luck and last minute opportunism. Yes, my cynicism runs so deeply that I can no longer believe our government is running long range conspiracies.

You're right, the governmen... (Below threshold)

August 7, 2008 10:29 AM | Posted by Anon151: | Reply

You're right, the government couldn't do that. But the Bushes and the Saudia, now those families go way back. Governement just gets in the way ... I think that's been W's presidential theme.

Posting conspiracy theories... (Below threshold)

August 7, 2008 4:15 PM | Posted by Joseph Bergevin: | Reply

Posting conspiracy theories? Is this an experiment?

Isn't it a bit ethically di... (Below threshold)

August 8, 2008 1:46 AM | Posted by Anonymous: | Reply

Isn't it a bit ethically dicey to post your patients' delusions in public?

Today, a LaRouchee on the s... (Below threshold)

August 8, 2008 1:55 PM | Posted by Dr X: | Reply

Today, a LaRouchee on the street told me that Hillary was going to grab the nomination away from Obama at the convention and that she is currently being advised by Lyndon LaRouche who is also advising the heads of the World Bank because he is the only one who knows what to do about the coming economic calamity.

Now that is tinfoil hat stuff.

Your bird is wrong.... (Below threshold)

September 2, 2008 4:44 PM | Posted by Anonymous: | Reply